Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dog Whisperer is an Education

Thanks for the post, Bernard Vasquez

These days American TV is full of an advertising campaign called The Pizza Whisperer. It's pretty ridiculous. In 1998, actor and director Robert Redford brought The Horse Whisperer to fruition, introducing the nation to the skilled art of horse whispering. The best presentation of 'whispering', however, is the National Geographic Channel's Dog Whisperer.

I am a complete dog lover. They are my best friends, and I hate to see them mistreated or worse. For me, they are all loving creatures to be respected and adored. That's really why Dog Whisperer is my favorite animal show, be it a fictional series or like this program, which I suppose you could label a reality program.

When Dog Whisperer airs on Specials on Satellite TV, I am right there, watching with complete focus. I like all that I can learn from this show, and there is a lot to be learned from it.

Cesar Millan is the dog whisperer and watching him communicate with the dogs is just amazing. Actually, what I like is that it's often the humans that need 'fixing' and not the animals. It's all about understanding, and Millan usually finds a way to get pets and their humans on the same level.

It just fills me up with pleasure because so many of us don't realize the true joy and bond we have with our dogs.